In 1991, Dmitriy Emelyanenko, together with other stone carvers, establishes his own company, “Yakhont and Co.”
The company’s production was located on the ground floor of the city council building.
The company “Yakhont and Co.” became the first private company in Ekaterinburg to produce stone-carving figures in the early 1990s.
The main focus of the creative team was the creation of compositions in the genre of volumetric mosaics. This type of stone-carving art was distributed at the turn of the 19th-20th centuries and, one might say, was revived in the late 1960s by Vasily Konovalenko (1929-1989).